Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It Has Been 3 Years and I Want Off This Ride!

I know I have talked about changing the name of this blog, but today it is so true.  I could not make this stuff up.  I am going to start with the good, but it is very good.  It is "blessed beyond belief" good.  First, our elevator is installed and works!  We have an elevator in our house.  Do you have any idea how cool that is?  This allows my husband and I to sleep in the same bed for the first time in 1 1/2 years!  The elevator also means my daughter can move back to her room with a DOOR.  This is incredible.  God's grace is sufficient!

Work will continue to be done on the handicapped accessible bathroom tomorrow. The bathroom is drywalled and painted.  Tomorrow the floor will be tiled.  This bathroom will allow all of us to take a shower safer.  It will also have a raised toilet seat which will put less pressure on my daughters hips, therefore, reducing her pain.

Plans for the accessible kitchen are in the works.  The architects from Hearth Professionals made up some amazing changes that will hopefully allow all of us to cook in the kitchen with less pain and injuries.  This is a miracle if you think about it.  Just one year ago we were just talking about all of this stuff and now it is happening!

Just as crazy good it has been, there is another side.  I do not want to take away from the appreciation that I have or the glory to God I give in sharing all of the following, but it is what it is.

Last Wednesday I got a call from my mom that my grandmother was in the hospital.  She asked that I go in the next day as my mom was in a lot of pain and that day would be the 3 year anniversary of my dad's death in the same hospital.  My grandma had to go into the hospital because she fell and hit her head.  She was apparently bleeding from the rectum.  When I went in that morning I found out that she had 2 transfusions.  She was preparing to have a colonoscopy that day and the nurse asked if I would stay so that the doctor could talk to me.  I ended up staying for 10 hours changing my poor grandmothers diapers every 30 minutes.  The nurses were not able to come in quick enough and my grandmother could not make it to the bathroom.  It turned out that she had a bleeding ulcer as a complication from her last surgery when my mom was in ICU a couple of years ago.  The doctor put a clamp and medicine and she will be fine.  She is a tough old bird!  

I spent part of Friday with my grandma, but I had to go home so that I could take Elizabeth to get more imaging done of her neck.  The neurologist said that she might be hitting an artery going to her brain that is causing her to pass out suddenly.  This complication could mean that she could turn her head and have a stroke or die instantly.  We had to go back twice because the techs messed up the imaging.

Saturday I spent in the ER with my mom.  She was having such bad spasms in her back that we were unsure if she broke her back again.  It turned out that it was just spasms and no breaks.  Praise God, but she is still in a lot of pain.

All of this during the week that my dad died 3 years ago.  My grandma was in the same hospital on the same day as the anniversary of his death.  It has been 3 years, I am really tired!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma's hospital stay, but I'm glad she's better. That's great that you got the elevator in now!

    ReplyDelete