Friday, July 24, 2009

Looking Up

There are signs that things are looking up. Sometimes it is hard to look up when you are deep in the canyon it seems like prayers just echo and don't go anywhere. But I truly believe that all of the prayers are listen to by a loving God. Besides my daily devotionals I also read a wonderful book called God Calling. Here is one of the passages, "Rejoice indeed that you see My Hand in all the happenings and the keepings of the day. Protected, the Israelites crossed the Red Sea; so are you protected in all things."

"Rely on this and go forward. You have now entered upon the stage of success. You must not doubt this. You must see this. Beyond all doubt you must know it. It is true. It is sure."

"There is no age in Eternal Life. Have no pity for yourself, nothing but joy and gratitude."

"These last few weeks have been the submerging before the consciousness of rescue. Go forward now and conquer. Go forward unafraid."

I am also re-reading Hines Feet in High Places another wonderful book. I think it is these difficult times that we able to see God's Hand moving in our lives. Sometimes I feel like I am blinded by the traumatic events that seem to blow up in our faces to see Him. But like a strong spot light, He is able to come rushing back into sight and I able able to hold on with praises.

I think that praise is the only way out of a valley. You can't look behind or ahead, just up. With praises you are able to crumble the sides of the valley and step out into the light. I know that I know that we are blessed beyond measure and I would be lying if I said that I don't have my really bad days. But when I look at things the way I think God wants me to see them, I realize that He is rescuing us all the time.

Please pray for me that I can keep this attitude of praise. I need all the help I can get!