Monday, August 10, 2009

Eye Off the Prize

I thank all of you for praying for me for the last few days. The pain is not as bad and continues to improve. I am going to have to keep myself in a low gear to tollerate the pain through the day. If you know me at all, this is the most difficult part. What I had to do is to go back and look at the promises that God made me (and all of us). The promise was that He will never forsake me. With all of the pain and self-pity, I lost sight of that. I believed the lie that the doctors had let me down. The problem with this thinking is putting too much emphasis on the healing capablilities of the doctors and not on God's healing.

I had to let the bitterness and anger go so that I could accept help from the Holy Spirit. The two do not go together. It was like I took my eyes off of the prize and got a sledgehammer to the head. Now that I am more relaxed and properly focused, the pain decreased substantially.

Some of you might think this sounds crazy, but I think this was God's plan all along. To say that I could get through the post op time with only Tylenol would be too unbelieveable. The fact that I am shows that the Holy Spirit is taking the pain. I am not going to lie and say that I feel no pain, because I do. But it is not the despairing type of pain. There is a real difference. I know that each day I will feel a little better. I know that I have to go very slowly right now. I know that I will have more pain if I try to do too much. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Please pray for my mom as she is going to have back surgery to repair a broken back on Friday. I am not sure how everything will work, but I know it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment