Friday, October 2, 2009

Answered Prayers

In the last 2 weeks, things in our house have changed. My oldest has been in bed and in the dining room because she is still on bed rest. She now has to use a potty chair because it hurts too much to use the regular bathroom. She has missed 14 of the first 28 days of school.

My oldest had an arthrogram today and it lasted a lot longer than we had anticipated. When she was over an hour past what we thought, but my husband and I were sick to our stomachs. We left the hospital with no answers, but she did well in recovery. She did have a lot of pain when she finally came to.

My husband was away this week so I was care taking sometimes 20 hours a day. We have had multiple doctor visits and communications despite our desire to cut some of these appointments. The new wheelchair is so heavy that I am completely unable to load and unload it. I did have to pick it up when it first arrived as it fell out of the car onto my leg!

My youngest daughter continues to be sent home due to scary spinal issues as well as pain. It is putting a real strain on the school, the teachers, the nurse and me. It did not help matters when her spine surgeon wrote a script allowing her to sit on the floor because she cried in the office visit. She got injured multiple times a day because of this and I finally had to put a stop to it.

We had an appointment with a new group of doctors at Children's that specialize in taking care of chonically ill children and thier families. It is a medical home model and I really hope it works. I talked to them for 3 hours about the girls and our family. It sounds like they can help us with some pieces of our situation. I am hopeful, but far from saying our ordeal is over.

Before the appointment, I fasted as result of a suggestion from a sister in Christ. I told her that I did not even know what questions to ask at this point. By the end of the day, (actually at about 2:00AM) I had a list of questions.

God right to work in answsering many of my prayers the next day. My husband came home early, a issue with our insurnace company was in the works to be solved and we had assuance from this newe group of doctors that they would assist us in creating a safe environment at home.

We still do not know what the future will looke like but we finally might be at the point that we can start to plan on some of the "what ifs". Part of this is the realization that we will no longer be considered a "normal family." Our future will include surgeries, wheelchairs, pain and other things that we never dreamed we would have to go through.

We will never be normal but I know that we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment