Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Yoke is Easy...

When is this all going to end?!  We have lived in crisis mode for so long, almost 3 years, and I cannot take it!  Right now my grandma is in the hospital with staff and MRSA. She had to have emergency surgery a couple of days ago to get the infection out of her knee.  Being 91 with diabetes, I do wonder what God's will is for her.

My mom has not felt well enough to leave the house lately because of a major headache and sinus infection.  She does not feel well enough to even go to the grocery store.

Elizabeth is unable to walk because her hip is "out" again.  The doctors think that the tendon in her hip that is torn gets caught between the bones.  It usually takes a couple of days for this to resolve for her.  To top it off, she broke her ankle on that side.  She is going to have surgery at the Cleveland Clinic at the end of July for her hip.  Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of her hip problems.

Erica continues to have back pain.  At night her pain has been so bad that she begs to go to the hospital or heaven.  We are still waiting to hear about her back.  She has had testing done and a visit with the neurosurgeon and still no news on if she needs to have surgery for a tethered cord.  If she does have this condition, then she will undergo a minor surgery that could get her out of pain.

I have been in so much pain that I cry every morning getting out of bed.  My lower back is so bad that I cannot bend over for about 2 hours.  The medicine I take kicks in and I can finally get around.  The stress I am sure does not help.  I really need to get over it.

While I was praying for Erica I got so upset about the outcome that I felt convicted by God.  "I have plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  (Jeremiah 29:11)  God will be with us no matter what the outcome will be, surgery or no surgery. 

I praise God that he continues to bless us as we are in this storm.  Just as I feel like my strength is giving out, I am reminded that it is not my strength, but God's that gets us through.  In today's Gospel, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Please help me lay down my burdens and take up the yoke of Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry you are taking so much pain your way. sending good thoughts your way. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete