Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Misconceptions

I have a bone to pick with Hollywood.  Just because a kid is sick, it does not make them an angel.  They do not sit around with a smile on their face.  In my experience, they do complain, a lot and I am not saying that is bad.  I do it too and everyone would do it.  Pain does not play fair.  Health is fleeting and is given to those that do not appreciate it.


Out of the mouths of babes…



I want to die!!

Why can’t I just die??

There is not pain in Heaven, right?

Why can’t I just die?

Please kill me!!

You are hurting me!!

You don’t love me because if you did, you would not put me through this!

What do you mean, “The doctors don’t know?”

I hate all of you!!

Leave me alone!

Don’t touch me!!

Take this IV out!!

I don’t care if I am scaring the other children!!

I don’t like this!!

I hurt EVERYWHERE!!

I want to go home!!

Why can’t I go home!!

Don’t yell at me, I am hurting!!

Don’t you care that I am hurting?

You never loved me!!

SOMEONE KILL ME!!

I want a doctor so I can punch them!!

Don’t cry Mommy

I’m sorry

I am just hurting

I want to go home

Why did the doctors not find anything?

I just want to get better

I just want to be a normal kid

I just want to stop hurting

Why do I have to hurt?


1 comment:

  1. Heartbreaking. Why do people perpetuate this myth? The ill child as saint? I've even seen it happen right here in the EDS community, so I commend you for your honesty and courage in showing a reality that no one seems to want to acknowledge.

    ReplyDelete