Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weather the Storm

I am overwhelmed again by the Love that God has for me and my family.  When we love others, God abides.  It is so hard right now to feel anything but pure joy that there is a God and He loves me, but just 24 hours ago it was difficult to remember that fact.  I was reminded in a passage written in Forward Day By Day meditations for Monday June 18th:
The temptation pain brings is to withdraw in self-pity, to a cynicism which becomes impenetrable and sovereign. Flannery O’Conner writes that our age “at its worst…has domesticated despair and learned to live with it happily.”
But no. Here’s the turn: “I will remember the works of the Lord, and call to mind your wonders from of old.” Can you begin to remember how good God has been to you? Remember. Even in the swirling terror of a thunderstorm God is working the night shift. Whether we can see him in the dark or not, he can see us. He is leading us through the sea, making a path through the great waters—silently transforming us in the pain, even though his footsteps are not seen. Praise him!

I was in the middle of pain that made me panic.  No relief in sight; thinking that if I went to hell this is what it would feel like and never end.  Through that storm God helped me remember the blessings that are all around me.  Blessings that drip from the ceiling!  So many I cannot begin to count them.  Just to give you and example of some of today's blessings:  Our church family is bringing dinner; the girl's helper from the county is able to stay longer since Church is at work; a call out of the blue from my father helped resolve a problem with getting to doctor appts for the kids tomorrow, my son stopped in my room to tell me he loves me; Friday a cleaning crew is coming to our house which is provided by friends that moved to Switzerland!  It goes on and on.

If He is there in the blessings He is even more present in the storm.  God give me the faith and endurance to weather this storm.

May peace and blessings be with all that have prayed for us and helped support us.  Truly there is nothing in our lives that cannot be directly traced to God grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment