Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Already Convicited

The first night that Elizabeth was in the hospital it was rough. We had to miss Erica's debut in the school play and she had a leading part as a first grader. Elizabeth finally got to sleep at around 4 in the morning and so did I.

At 5, there was a knock at the door and I was met by a police officer telling me that I had to go with him. Frantically, I am trying to remember if I assaulted any of the doctors yet, and the answer was no. I asked him why, feeling very uneasy about leaving Elizabeth because I promised that I would not leave her alone in the hospital. We are less than a day in and I was already breaking my promise.

He explained that someone had broken into my car. I explained that a break in was not the worst part of my day, I again was reluctant to go. Finally he told me that a report had to made and I had to go to the parking garage with him. On the way down he told me that this had not happened in years and only 3 cars were targeted.

Of course, now I am laughing because why should I expect anything less! Seriously! I go down and realize that nothing of value was taken. The car is still there, the garage door opener still hung on the visor. The glass on the passenger side was smashed and glass was strewn all over the front seat. The glove box was torn apart and our CD collection was rifled through, but none were taken. Then I noticed that on top, the audio book of Billy Graham's life story was left untouched.

Of course the police officer and the other victims thought I was nuts because I thought this was really funny. The potential thief not only did not take anything from us, but if he had any sense at all he left convicted by a higher court before he left the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment