Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Heaven is a Face

I don't know if you listen to Christian pop, but there is a guy named Steve Curtis Chapman that has a song called "Heaven is a Face." For those that don't know about the song, it is about his daughter that died last year. She was adopted by he and his wife and she was the subject of the song "Cinderella" another beautiful song. Anyway, the little girl died last year in a car accident and the subject of "Heaven is a Face" is describing all of the little things that he misses about his little girl and that heaven will be like it was before she died. He goes on to say that he knows that heaven will be all of this and more. It was also a reminder that Mr. Chapman would consider what we are going through with our girls as "heaven" as well. It really helps put things in perspective.

The reading in Revelation 21 was just what my soul needed today. The description of the new heaven where every tear is dried and there is no pain. The promise that all that is in the world of troubles we live in is not our eternal hope. Nothing that the deceiver can throw at us can keep us from fulfillment of that promise!

I started this email earlier this evening. Since then Elizabeth dislocated her hip again.

Heaven for me will be where my kids don't cry themselves asleep because of pain.
Heaven is a place that my son does not worry about his mom.
Heaven is a place that my husband does not look so helpless in the operating waiting room.
Heaven is the place that my baby girl wants to go because she does not want to hurt anymore.
Heaven is where my mom is free from pain and despair.
Heaven is where there is no enemy.
Heaven is where there is not the sound of an IV.
Heaven is where there are no doctor's offices.
Heaven is where I will be able to run with my kids.
Heaven is where I don't have to explain EDS to first graders.
Heaven is where I will be with God.
Heaven is where I will be complete.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of the updates Amy. I really do appreciate you taking the time to keep us up to date. Have a good weekend and give me a call if I can help out in any way. If you want to go to Panera Sunday for a bagel and coffee give me a call. I have coupons for free bagels.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete