Monday, November 2, 2009

You Are My Protection by CJ Schulze

This is a psalm that my 9 year old son wrote on his own this summer. I read it often as it gives me hope. Again, my children minister to me. I cannot take any credit for this. This was between God and my son.

You Are My Protection

You are like a big, big tent.
No evil spirit can get through you O Lord.
When he tries to attack, you protect me.
because you are my protection!
You warn not to go to far,
but some people disobey.
Some fall off of the dark bridges,
but you grab them and they are safe.
But some walk into the dark tunnels.
You see both doing bad.
The Lord saves them both
but they both have consequences.
Lord you are my protection.
You loved the world
You gave your only begotten son.
We all sin.
We ask for forgiveness.
You send that sin to the foot of the cross.
You forgive us.
He doesn't forget about you.
He still loves you.
We practice and practice.
We get better but not perfect.
The only man who was [perfect is Jesus.
He is always with you.
Lord, you answer all of the prayers.
We might not think that,
but He does.
And Lord you're my protection.
When we walk in the dark house,
You shine your flashlight on us and we are okay,
but we still have consequences.
No evil can defeat you.
Lord, your my protection all of my life.
I am glad you don't let me down.
Your tent is like love, faith, joy and hope.
You keep me safe.
You watch me from heaven.
We are made in God's hands.
Not me or you look alike.
And don't you forget that God made you special and he does not forget about any of you.
Lord you are my protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment