Monday, May 10, 2010

Mommy's Special Drink

I should have known that leaving Erica with the news man from Channel 9 would be a bad idea. Never knowing what Erica will say,when we realized that Erica was alone when the cameraman Chuck rushed in to hear Erica say to the reporter, "The last time I broke my ankle mommy could not take me to the hospital because she had a special drink."  Chuck and the cameraman had fun making believe that it was recorded. It was not until I saw it on television that Chuck told me the camera was off when she made the comment.

You have to understand that I rarely drink and when she broke her ankle it was my birthday. Usually I take the children to the emergency room when they get hurt and I wanted to spend some more time with my mother so we said that so I could stay home.

I don't think I will ever live this one down. Every time I am tempted to have a glass of wine or enjoy an adult beverage I am reminded of this events and politely decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment