Monday, November 1, 2010

The Human Side of Things

It seems the more I try to figure out about my body, the worse it sounds.  For a couple of months I had a problem with my heart jumping in my chest.  It was getting so bad I actually went to the ER a couple of times.  I also went to my regular doctor and each time they said that I had a slightly abnormal EKG.  What that means, I have no idea.  Anyway, I went to yet another doctor, a cardiologist, to investigate this problem because it was painful and scary.  It also woke me up several times during the night.  It felt like a fish was out of water and jumping around in my chest. 

I went on some medication to help with "electrical problems" of the heart.  Surgery was briefly discussed.  To my knowledge this is not related to my EDS, just another fun fact of being me and my genes.  Other family members of mine have similar problems. 

Today I went back to my regular doctor for a check up and found out that I damaged the joint of cartilage in my throat.  How I hurt that, I have no idea.  It hurts like crazy!  If this does not get better in a week or so, I will have have to go back to an ENT!

Then he found a lump in my chest next to my clavicle.  He said that it might be arthritis.  That sounds good, I'll go with that. 

I guess I feel like my body is breaking down and the human side of me cannot withstand the stress of our situation as well as before.  When the doctors ask if there is any stress in my life, I just laugh.  There will always be stress, but I can't just walk away from it or wave my magic wand to make it disappear.  I will have to just find better ways to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I am so frustrated that my body is falling apart, too. I hope that your heart and throat cartilage quit acting up.

    ReplyDelete