Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Grace for Today

Last night I was reading a very good book by Joni Earkson Tada.  Joni has suffered from quadriplegia for over 40 years.  She writes with such honesty but deeply rooted in biblical truths that it has been very inspiring to read.

She explained that God gives us grace for today, not yesterday or tomorrow.  Joni also painted a picture of God's grace as a mighty river and we are a tiny bird that balances on the edge of the river for a tiny sip, then we are satisfied and fly away.  How many blessings have I missed because I did not drink deeply in God's grace?

I don't want to waste my days waiting for things to get better, they may not.  I want to grab a hold of the joy that is in this day and in this moment. 

One thing that I have realized is that I would prefer to live a life of strife and worry than to live without God.  I think that all of the things that have happened to our family has strengthened our faith and without those stressers, we would not lean on God as much as we do.  I praise God for all of the little blessings He sends us every day as well as the big ones such as our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment